Debian Kindergarten List (was: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users - seriously).

> Date:	Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:24:43 -0800
> From:	"Paul Johnson" <baloo@ursine.ca>
> To:	debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject:	Re: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users -
> seriously.

> On Thursday 03 February 2005 10:00 am, Mr. Jan
> Hearthstone wrote:
> > There should be a Debian for idiots by idiots
> list;
> > at least the rest of us (non-programmers,
> non-techies)
> > could not feel superior to each other, and instead
> we
> > would eventually get our legitimate questions
> answered
> > in terms that we would understand.
>
> Why do you think such a list would work?  Do you
> honestly think that
> there's going to be people with the knowledge
> willing
> to camp out, for
> free, answering the same questions already answered
> and archived 20
> bajillion places?
>
> For that matter, why are you asking this obvious
> question, when it's
> been answered several times over and archived
> everywhere?
 xxxxxxxxxx   end quote   xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Hearthstone penneth:
 I googled extensively - yes there are many answers
 out
 there, yet (as I said before) none of them worked
 for
 me for the simple reason that (for what I can
 perceive) the Sarge, Testing, and Sid boot
 "Instalation floppies" do not seem to "see" my
 "hda1",
 whereas the old "Woody" "instalation" floppy works
 wonderfully. And I, a mere Debian idiot had to find
 out this for myself.
   And thanks--you are proving my point that fellow
 Debian idiots would much kinder and helping to each
 other than the proud elite on many occassions!

   What would be the practical steps to take for
starting a
 humane, for the Debian-challenged Preschool List?
   Again--I am serious.
   Beside--you'd never had to bother with the likes
 of
 me again, were there a "Debian Kindergarten List".

   Towards World Peace and Understanding Through Free
 Computing!

   Hearthstone.

 =====
 If we,the people, were sincere about wanting Peace,>
then we would spend more on active creation of Peace
 than what we spend on the military.

Legalize the Right to Sleep!
http://www.modelearth.org/sleepright.html
http://www.MODELEARTH.org