static IP/hostname, everything else from DHCP?

Hi guys

I have a D-link DI614+ wireless router, and a desktop computer which
connects to this. I would like it to receive information from DHCP
(passed along from the network DHCP server, to the router, to my
desktop). But I would also like it to have a given hostname - and I
would like the router to know this address so that I can reach my
desktop from other computers attached to the router.

I've tried adding
send host-name "foo";
to /etc/dhclient.conf
but this doesn't get picked up by the router.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

cheers
David