Re: Recomended motherboard

Lance Lucas a écrit :
| Where, exactly, can you read about a motherboard's Linux compatibility?
|
| I understand your RTFM mentality, but I haven't seen a bonafied place
| for people with his type of question to go to.
|
| First you told him to get the hardware, then see if it works.  Now you
| tell him to use "the thing called the Internet" to read about what
| works.  However, most of that information simply isn't available.  When
| a new mobo comes out, unless someone decides to blog their experiences,
| where can you really find a good account of its compatibility with
| Linux?  Both the kernel and hardware are changing rapidly and most of
| this isn't making it into textual accounts that someone else can later
| reference.
|
| Lance Lucas
|

| On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 16:35 -0500, William Ballard wrote:
|
|>Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:35:29 -0500
|>From: William Ballard <nospam_50115@alltel.net>
|>To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
|>Subject: Re: Recomended motherboard
|>
|>On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 01:15:20PM -0800, Lance Lucas wrote:
|>
|>>To the first poster, I don't think he has it backwards...he's asking
about
|>>products that are known to be well supported.  Not all of us can
afford to
|>>buy it all and use what works :).
|>
|>That's why they have this thing called the Internet where you can read
|>up about products before you buy them.

I'm surprised more people don't know about this little gem ... maybe
because it's Mandrake and this is debian-user ;)

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/hardware.php3

If it works in Mandrake, it should work in Debian. Do test it, though,
as you may have some nasty surprises.

www.linuxprinting.org is great for printers.

- --
Louis-Philippe Savoie