Re: upgraded kde3.3.1 not working properly. Need help.

Spongebob wrote:

2) Logging into kde as root, I hear the startup sound, but message boxes begin appearing saying "aknode: No media loaded". They just continue to pile up, and I can't do anything except end the session.

Debian is designed to not allow logins to X as root (for security reasons - you really don't want to do that). Apparently you've been tinkering with those defaults (etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc - AllowRootLogin=False) or you wouldn't be getting that far, or you don't have pure Debian packages (in which case, I'm not surprised by all the brokeness).

3) wav audio works, but midi is broken. Testing midi in the control panel doesn't give me any sound. I don't think this is due to kde. I think alsa got messed up in the upgrade. I don't know how to fix it, though.

From a previous post of yours I get the impression that you have not yet gotten apt-get to complete without errors. Until you do so, you can probably expect brokenness on your system.

--
Kent