Re: upgraded kde3.3.1 not working properly. Need help.

Kent West wrote:

> Try "apt-get update", followed by "apt-get dist-upgrade"
>
> Any errors? Any more processing happen?
>
> This attempt would probably work even better if you were able to pull
> from a network repository instead of CDs. It may be that your CDs were
> created from a snapshot of Sarge with some KDE/X-related bugs.

Unfortunately, the machine isn't connected to the internet.

Yeah, lots more processing, mostly of things I have no use for (such as
apache). It's installing 124 new things, upgrading 64, and removing 3.

There's a problem while doing the upgrade:
dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting '/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h'
with different file '/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft1.h' not allowed.

It bombs while unpacking libxft-dev_2.1.-6_i386.deb