Re: Booting into the console - was Re: Command Line Completion for Programs?

*  Dave Sherohman <esper@sherohman.org> [2005-01-18] :
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:41:07PM +0000, Felixk Karpfen wrote:
>> How do I boot into the console (as user) in Sarge?  Woody gave the
>> option.  And, with minor adjustments to /etc/rc2.d, it could be made the
>> default.
>>
>> Is there a similar routine in Sarge?
>
> (Note:  I assumed that your display manager is xdm.  It could also be
> wdm, gdm, or, I'm sure, any number of others.  Replace xdm with the
> appropriate name in the above if that is the case.)

There is the answer.

"gdm" (installed by default in Sarge) provides more options than in
Woody.  It offers not only Gnome but also KDE (and any other display
manager that is installed).

Now all that I need to do is to tweak the console for the permissions to
load the display manager of _my_ choice (fvwm2 + fvwm-themes).

Thank you for the help.

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen