Booting into the console - was Re: Command Line Completion for Programs?

*  Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com> [2005-01-15] :
>  --- William Ballard <nospam_50115@alltel.net> wrote:
>

>> I'm equally mystified as to how X sources its initialization files.
>
> This has been discussed in depth on this list in the past.

I may have the same problem - in which case a Subject heading would
help when searching the archive.

On the other hand, it may be a different query.  Namely:

How do I boot into the console (as user) in Sarge?  Woody gave the
option.  And, with minor adjustments to /etc/rc2.d, it could be made the
default.

Is there a similar routine in Sarge?

Felix Karpfen
--