Re: listening radio from the internet

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 05:14:29PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 16:07 -0500, William Ballard wrote:
> > 2) I intensely dislike using non-official apt sources (other than my
> > local repository) for reasons I won't tax you with.  That's what I was
> > so happy to see java-package.
>
> Christian Marillat is a Debian Developer.
>
> ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat is where he puts packages that
> aren't DFSG.  Think of it as semi-official...

Most of that stuff, including mplayer, is free software.  Much of it
relies on patent-encumbered software (e.g. lame), which for rather
arbitrary reasons is not included in Debian.  The DFSG says nothing
about patents, so that really isn't the issue.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.