Re: unattended reboot for forced filesystem checks

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 15:12 -0500, David Mandelberg wrote:
> Blake Swadling wrote:
> > unfortunately these things are deployed as appliance type arrangements
> > and are generally stashed in a cupboard/server room somewhere with no
> > input devices attached, only a power button.
> Why not set up init, apmd, or acpid to halt(8) the system when the power button
> is pushed?
This sounds like a good option. I have it so that currently it initiates
a shutdown when the power button is pressed, however it does not fully
power off. I get a final message saying acpi_poweroff_called. How can i
get this to fully power down?

Main board is KM400-M2, and ACPI settings in my kernel config are ...

CONFIG_ACPI=y
CONFIG_ACPI_BOOT=y
CONFIG_ACPI_INTERPRETER=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP=y