Re: /dev/video0

<veröffentlicht & per Mail versendet>

Hello

(please don't top-post)

YH (<yh@paradise.net.nz>) wrote:
> Andreas Janssen wrote:
>> YH (<yh@paradise.net.nz>) wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, speaking xawtv, I've just have an error during "make xawtv":
>>> "/usr/bin/ld cannot find -lXaw", but I can see
>>> /usr/X11/R6/lib/libxaw.so.7 on my machine. Does anyone know what I
>>> am missing?
>>
>> You are missing the developement packages (e.g. libxaw-dev or
>> something like that). By the way, there are xawtv packages in Debian,
>> don't they work for you?

> Thanks Andreas. Sorry I am new to linux. I didn't know there are xawtv
> packages in Debian. Anyway, I compiled xawtv, but it runs an error:
>
> $ xawtv
> $ This is xawtv-3.94, running on Linux/i686 (2.2.20-idepci)
> can't open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
> v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> v4l: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> no video grabber device available

You need to load the drivers, especially the one for your video card,
probably the bttv module. You probably need to tell it which card and
tuner you have. Install the kernel-doc-$(uname -r) package and read the
included files in video4linux/bttv. There is also some documentation
available online:

<http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/bttv.html>

best regards
 Andreas Janssen