Why the constant conflicts between Apache2 & PHP4, Now Gallery has quit!

There seem to be constant conflicts between Apache2 & PHP4 as far as getting the apache2-mod-php4 and any dependent applicatione to work properly. Any one know why this condition is predominent. I think there is a bug in the configs as Debian installed them as I have tweaked them to get them to try to work. Apache2 says it has loaded the php4 module. I don't know of a way to check php4 the see if the various php.ini files are configured correctly. I did add the lines highlighted below to my apache2.conf file and it did change the error message, but still no gallery.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# To use CGI scripts outside /cgi-bin/:

#

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

AddHandler cgi-script .php

AddHandler cgi-script.pl

Keep in mind that my photo gallery (gallery) was working just fine until I upgraded Apache2 then more issues.

Any ideas to get it working again?

--

John Foster