Re: /dev/video0

Thanks Andreas. Sorry I am new to linux. I didn't know there are xawtv packages in Debian. Anyway, I compiled xawtv, but it runs an error:

$ xawtv
$ This is xawtv-3.94, running on Linux/i686 (2.2.20-idepci)
can't open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
v4l: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
no video grabber device available

The video capture card and sound card all works fine in window 2k boot mode, it seems I missed lots of things during detain installation.

Gosh, really didn't realize it is such hard. I'll continue to bother the list (my apology) and to try to fix it for one more days before I am giving up my linux endeavor.

Thank you.

Peace.

Yuja

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

YH (<yh@paradise.net.nz>) wrote:

BTW, speaking xawtv, I've just have an error during "make xawtv":
"/usr/bin/ld cannot find -lXaw", but I can see
/usr/X11/R6/lib/libxaw.so.7 on my machine. Does anyone know what I am
missing?

You are missing the developement packages (e.g. libxaw-dev or something
like that). By the way, there are xawtv packages in Debian, don't they
work for you?

best regards
 Andreas Janssen