[[offlist] Re: [Way off topic] the Quran

Syed Huq wrote:
The Muslims believe in a conecpt of "nullification" (I forget the
correct term) that essentially states that later verses in the Quran
that contradict with earlier verses, contradict or "trump" the earlier
verses.  Read the book I mention above and you will see what I mean.
The Quran directly contradicts itself and parts of Hadith contradict
what the Quran says.

-Roberto Sanchez

This is absolute "bullshit" to be precise. There is "no" piece of the Quran OR
the Hadith that ever contradicts each other. Infact, it "compliments"
each other in many respect. Why not read the original Quran and the
Hadith and draw your
conclusion instead of 'one man's interpretation....which is as I said
is pure bull.

- Rathon

Then why do early verses in the Quran say that Jews and Christians
(people of the Book) or OK and can continue practicing their
religion and later say that they must be converted?  That would
seem like a contradiction to me.

Here you go:

Surah 2:62:

"Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and
the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the
Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense
from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve."

Seems to me like Jews and Christians are OK.

Surah 5:82:

"You will find that the worst enemies of the believers are the Jews and
the idol worshipers. And you will find that the closest people in
friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This
is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not
arrogant."

Oops.  The Jews are not longer so friendly.

If that is not a contradiction, then I don't know what is.

-Roberto