Re: [OT] Big Open Roads (Was: Linux Functionality?)

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 22:06 -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Steve Lamb wrote:
> > Nate Duehr wrote:
> >
> >> Nothing like the exact same view for 8 or more hours of driving.   ;-)
> >

> >     I-10 across the southwest.  *blink, blink*
> >
> >     My favorite was coming west into Texas on I-10.  A helpful trucker
> > was giving his list of bears.  He ended with "And one at mile-marker
> > 3."  I quickly replied "Well, I just passed marker 810, d'ya think he'll
> > still be there when I get there tomorrow?"  :)
> >

> Yup.  Nothing quite like crossing into Texas well before sun up and
> not crossing out until well after sun down. :-)

Shows how big the lower-48 is.  I did a measurement once, and San
Francisco to Boston (4339 km) is the same distance as London is
from Tehran (4402 km)!

Europe (London to Moscow) is actually a very small place.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines