Re: Linux Functionality?

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 15:11 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 27 December 2004 01:15 pm, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
> > By mainstream I understand high two-digit percentile. OS X is
> > completely niche with its 2-3% penetration. Debian doesn't exist as
> > far as market volume is concerned.
>
> Maybe in your area, but the local trade rags put Windows only around 60%
> of local desktops, with Linux making up much of the difference (and
> Debian the majority of the Linux segment).  I can walk across the
> US-30/I-84 freeway to WalMart and ask the kid in the electronics
> section to point out Linux-native games and get a real answer, even.
> Debian has achieved mainstream status in some parts of the world.

What part of the world is that?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"You are wrong in thinking that I dislike wholehearted pacifism,
though I do think it mistaken. What I object to is the
circumspect kind of pacifism which denounces one kind of violence
while endorsing or avoiding mention of another."
George Orwell, 1944, in correspondence with a British pacifist