Re: Linux Functionality?

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 15:11 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
US-30/I-84 freeway to WalMart and ask the kid in the electronics
What part of the world is that?

Erm, somewhere in the Nothern half of the US. I'm guessing norther Oregon, Southern Washington or maybe somewhere in Wisconsin or Michigan.

ObUselessGeographyLesson: East/West numbered high/free-ways in the US are even numbered. North/South are odd numbered. They are numbered low-to-high from south-to-north and west-to-east. So I-84 is up north somewhere. If he gave an odd numbered Interstate you could pretty much peg his state if not city by the numbers alone without once looking at a map. For example I-5 and I-80 would mean N.California (Sacramento, to be precise) as I-5 is N/S on the west coast (low numbered) and I-80 is E/W above the middle of the nation. :)