Re: Difference between Gnome and Debian menus. Why ?

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:38:27AM -0700, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:47:11AM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > Absolutely. The debian menu system's menu should be the primary menu
> > for all menu-carrying apps imho. Any arguments against it are usually
> > complaints about the menu system which should be fixed, not ignored.
> > Having two menus in KDE/GNOME vs. the rest of the world is too
> > confusing.
>
> So, why not file the bug reports to request these changes?

I am working up to it - I think such a bug has to be carefully phrased
and the quality of most menu entries needs to be improved, which is a
bit of an easier target short-term.

I have filed quite a lot of menu-related bugs on a number of packages,
mostly related to hints. I'd also love to have the menu system turn
hints on by default :)

http://bugs.debian.org/from:bugs@alcopop.org
http://bugs.debian.org/from:bugs@alcopop.org&archive=yes