Umask 002 policy

Hi!

I have to implement default umask 002 for my users on my Debian server.
I use KDM login. I searched the net, and I found tips only on setting umask
on console, and on terminal emulators. (The standard /etc/profile,
~/.bashrc, /etc/bash.bashrc way.) Any program started from X window manager
(for example K menu), has the original 022 umask. How can I solve this problem?

Some words about my server filesystem: I have some directories (teachers,
classA, classB, etc) in my /export directory, which are only readable and
writable by the groups with the same name. These groups have to be able to
read, and edit each other's files. I decided to make this role with umask 002
and private groups for every user (for their home directory). Is this the
common way to solve this situation? If not, please help me.

The problem is quite urgent for me, so please help!

Thanks for your replies.

Alex from Hungary.