Re: Difference between Gnome and Debian menus. Why ?

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 06:05:54PM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Dec 22 2004, William Ballard wrote:
> > You could file a bug and request an option to have Debian's menu be *the*
> > Gnome menu.
>
> Now, that would be a good thing, IMO. Seeing the applications separately
> isn't that intuitive for the new users that I've been using as "guinea
> pigs" for deploying Open Source Software.

Absolutely. The debian menu system's menu should be the primary menu for
all menu-carrying apps imho. Any arguments against it are usually
complaints about the menu system which should be fixed, not ignored.
Having two menus in KDE/GNOME vs. the rest of the world is too
confusing.