Re: Difference between Gnome and Debian menus. Why ?

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:47:11AM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 06:05:54PM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > On Dec 22 2004, William Ballard wrote:
> > > You could file a bug and request an option to have Debian's menu
> > > be *the* Gnome menu.
> >
> > Now, that would be a good thing, IMO. Seeing the applications
> > separately isn't that intuitive for the new users that I've been
> > using as "guinea pigs" for deploying Open Source Software.
>
> Absolutely. The debian menu system's menu should be the primary menu
> for all menu-carrying apps imho. Any arguments against it are usually
> complaints about the menu system which should be fixed, not ignored.
> Having two menus in KDE/GNOME vs. the rest of the world is too
> confusing.

So, why not file the bug reports to request these changes?

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings