Re: Cannot connect to network now...

"Andrea Vettorello" <andrea.vettorello@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:345nL-AN-7@gated-at.bofh.it...
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:07:26 -0000, Brian Coiley <bcap@clara.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > Here's an update on my last: I rebooted to windoze, and the mouse didn't
> > work there either.  It looks like some kind of USB glitch.  Plugging
into a
> > different USB port fixed it in Windoze, and half-fixed it in X: it now
> > moves, but very, very sluggishly, and also keeps jumping to the side of
the
> > screen for no apparent reason.  The mouse acceleration settings don't
make
> > any difference.
> >

> When this happen, the pointer jumping on screen, normally means that
> the protocol used to interpreter the mouse movements is wrong. If you
> report here brand and model surely someone can suggest the correct
> protocol.
>

> Andrea
>

> --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

Hi Andrea,

It's a Microsoft Intellimouse.

Thanks,

Brian

p.s. I think I know how to change the protocol - I seem to recall that there
are not so many to choose from - so I will experiment a bit when I can.
Unfortunately (it's turning out to be one of those weeks!) my monitor went
BANG yesterday, and is no more, so I'm a bit stuck until I get a new one,
hopefully tomorrow.