Re: eclipse install

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 17:56 +0100, Eduard Pauna wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Did somebody succeded in running eclipse on debian?
> I got the eclipse-platform-SDK-3.0-linux-gtk.zip package, unzip it and
> when I run eclipse I obtain this error
>
> The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its
> companion startup.jar file (in the same directory as the executable).
>
> but startup.jar is in the same directory...
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Cheers,
> Eduard
> --
> Registered Linux User #302302

Runs fine here on Sid. I also compiled a PPC/GTK version that works fine
on my PPC. In fact the version I built has more features than the x86
version I downloaded. There must be some sort of documentation package
to accompany the x86 binary package. On my PPC is get extra information
about Java methods on the auto complete dropdowns. For some reason this
is missing on the x86 binary version from eclipse.org. Anybody know why
this is? It must be related to Javadoc somehow.

BTW: I'm very impressed with Eclipse. Even the CDT plugin works quite
well. I been using it almost exclusively. I tried the C# plugin but it's
just too new to be useful and even though it supports Mono, monodevelop
still has it beat.

--
Eric Gaumer <gaumerel@ecs.fullerton.edu>