Re: problem installing Sendmail

> Nah.  Debian's real sane that way.  If you install exim, it first
> uninstalls your other MTA.

You mean, it *tries* to uninstall it...  all it takes is one screw-up
to put me in the O-zone with things like that.  What if (*just*
for insatance) the "other" MTA used different versions of some packages
than the new MTA?  I'm sure all the install software tries to keep
track of all that, and probably does a decent job... 96.432% of the
time.  But, my experience generally is "if it works, don't fix it"...
(we'll see if it really works...)

> btw, "apt-cache search exim" mentions exim-doc.  Highly recommended.

Okay - now you've touched on something I was curious about in an earlier
thread, and I've dug into it some more:

The "man" page for "exim" also mentions "exim-doc".  I loaded the
"exim-doc" package.  It created the "/usr/share/doc/exim-doc" directory
(which is in addition to the usual "/usr/share/doc/exim" directory).
But there's nothing in the "exim-doc" directory, to speak of.  (There
is the usual assortment of stuff in the "exim" directory)

However, I think the "exim-doc" package actually is loaded for the
access via the "info" command - am I right?  There is quite a bit
of additional information available via "info exim".