Re: problem installing Sendmail

listcomm@ml1.net wrote:

btw, "apt-cache search exim" mentions exim-doc.  Highly recommended.

Okay - now you've touched on something I was curious about in an earlier
thread, and I've dug into it some more:

The "man" page for "exim" also mentions "exim-doc".  I loaded the
"exim-doc" package.  It created the "/usr/share/doc/exim-doc" directory
(which is in addition to the usual "/usr/share/doc/exim" directory).
But there's nothing in the "exim-doc" directory, to speak of.  (There
is the usual assortment of stuff in the "exim" directory)

However, I think the "exim-doc" package actually is loaded for the
access via the "info" command - am I right?  There is quite a bit
of additional information available via "info exim".
There are several ways to list the files in a package (like dpkg -L) which will show that 2 files from exim-doc go to /usr/share/doc and over 20 files go to /usr/share/info.

BTW there is also exim-doc-html.

Paul Scott