Re: recommendation for digital camera

On 2004-07-18, John Summerfield penned:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
>>Er, I kind of mistyped.  What I meant to say was, the picture format
>>was weird.  We could view and copy the files on the card; we just
>>couldn't read them.
>>
>>I believe that not all Kodak cameras use this weird image format, or
>>at least that they probably have the option not to, but we didn't
>>investigate while my dad was visiting.
>>

> It's worth checking the Kodak website.It's probably a couple of years
> since I did; there used to be some Linux stuff there.

Maybe, but it's not worth the effort at this point.  Their windows
software would seemingly only work with the camera; any attempt to do it
from a card reader failed.  I wouldn't want to taint my linux box with
such crappy software.

Anyway, my dad lives halfway across the country and has his camera and
card with him, so it's a moot point.

--
monique