Re: recommendation for digital camera

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:00:42 -0400 (EDT)
Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> wrote:

> So, I'm looking for a digital camera with the following (tentative)
> requirements. I'm happy to have these requirements questioned.

			[ snip ]

> 2) Needs to work well with Debian (obviously). I think the best support
> is obtained by cameras that are seen as USB mass storage devices, right?

I don't own a digital camera, unfortunately; so take any advice I may
give with a block-o-salt.  But I've seen several people here who *do* own
digital cameras suggest the purchase of a USB memory card reader.  The
idea is that regardless of whether a particular camera is or is not
compatible with the OS, its memory plopped into a reader will be.  This
enables you to forget the "compatible with Linux" restriction, and make
your purchase choice entirely on whether a camera will take good pictures.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)