Re: courier-imap-ssl "server disconnect" error behind firewall

Greg Folkert wrote:

I use courier-imap-ssl and I have mozilla connection to a few accounts at the same time, so my MAXPERIP=40. With this setup I have absolutely no problem from home, but from the work I often get "server disconnect" error. I think that firewall at my work is a problem, but is there anything I can do (with courier or mozilla configuration) to fix it?
I turned on FAMD, and got the same errors as before. I didn't have these errors from home before, and still don't have it now, so I still think it has something to do with firewall, and courier configuration,

You may be right, I have a fully-stateful-packet inspection Firewall
(Linux and IPTABLES and other things) I do not have issue. I use it both
ways home and work similar to you. If you want I can look at my
courier-imap-ssl config.

I think I tracked down the problem. Our company uses Cisco firewall, and reading some Cisco documentation, they have MAP (and other protocol) timeout, which means that firewall will disconnect the connection if it is idling some period of time (5 min default). So I set "check for new mail" to be every 3 minutes. Seems to work for now. Now I want to investigate if mozilla has other ways to keep connection alive.

Thanks,