Re: courier-imap-ssl "server disconnect" error behind firewall

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 16:13, vadik wrote:
> J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 07:33:37 -0700, Vadik wrote:
> >

> >>I use courier-imap-ssl and I have mozilla connection to a few accounts
> >>at the same time, so my MAXPERIP=40.  With this setup I have absolutely
> >>no problem from home, but from the work I often get "server disconnect"
> >>error.  I think that firewall at my work is a problem, but is there
> >>anything I can do (with courier or mozilla configuration) to fix it?
> >>

> >If you're running sid (or perhaps sarge), it could just be
> >http://bugs.debian.org/254731 ; try installing the 0.45.6-1 versions of the
> >courier packages.
> >
> >HTH,
> >Ray
> >

> I am running sarge.  I looked at 254731, but could not find anything
> related.

I turned off FAMD temporarily and got a tremendous number of those
messages in the logs, and got many server disconnect errors.

Turned FAMD back on, restarted the mail pieces, the problems went away.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux