Re: multiple terminals on a serial line (was Re: ccing)

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 12:54:43AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 01:39:55PM +0200, Matthias Czapla wrote:
> > I know screen. My point is that I consider having to remember what
> > I read an advantage because it forces me to actually *learn* instead
> > of copying.
>
> Well each to their own. Learning where to look is generally more useful
> than learning by rote.

Thats right. But I already know where to look and I hate it having to
look up the argument types, return value etc. of frequently used
functions all the time.

> I don't know how you can stand the serial console - I just setup linux
> on a sparcstation 5 using one yesterday and the speed drove me mad.

Did you run it at 300 baud? ;)
Seriously, mine is running at 19200 and while the difference to e.g.
xterm is clearly noticeable I can work with it quite nicely.

Regards
Matthias