Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

At 03:15 PM 5/5/2004, William Ballard wrote:
On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 02:02:04PM -0500, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> It is technically (mathematically speaking) "one hundred twenty five
> dollars".

I beg to differ - that would, mathematically speaking - equal $2,500. :)

It was considered incorrect english, like saying ain't.

Please. Ain't is the contraction of "are not".

And thus it was considered low-class, coarse, crass -- ignorant.

Well when you put it that way... I grew up in Brooklyn. Wanna rely on getting all your pizza and bagels from shops in London, man?

It wasn't a to MAY to, to MAH toe, pe CAN pe CAHN thing -- it was just said to be wrong, lazy.

I thought laziness was the programmer's prime directive.

What's the argument for leaving the "and" in? Is it supposed to be lazy to leave it out? Or ignorant?

Now is that really an argument, or just simple contradiction?

Okay, back to work for me dudes.

Marty

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml