Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

Tim Connors wrote:

William Ballard <40414.nospam@comcast.net> said on Wed, 5 May 2004 00:46:42 -0700:
Would Brits feel that this is how we should count:

1,222,333,444,555,666,777,888
                       ^thou
                   ^mill
               ^thou mill
           ^bill
       ^thou bill
   ^mill bill
^trill

One trillion, two hundred twenty two million billion, three hundred thirty three thousand billion, four hundred forty four billion, five hundred fifty five thousand million, six hundred sixty six million, seven hundred seventy seven thousand, eight hundred eighty eight.

Well, A non-USian would add suitable "ands" in various places.

"...two hundred *and* tewnty two million billion...".

Yeah, this one seems to be missing from the various UK-USA translation
lists around.

My two cents: two hundred *and* twenty would = 200.20 or so I have been taught by my 9th grade math teacher. The *and* indicates a decimal. I common usage it does not. That is what I was taught, and that was more then 20 years ago, it could have changed. (USA)

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com