Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

William Ballard <40414.nospam@comcast.net> said on Wed, 5 May 2004 00:46:42 -0700:
> Would Brits feel that this is how we should count:
>
> 1,222,333,444,555,666,777,888
>                         ^thou
>                     ^mill
>                 ^thou mill
>             ^bill
>         ^thou bill
>     ^mill bill
> ^trill
>
> One trillion, two hundred twenty two million billion, three hundred
> thirty three thousand billion, four hundred forty four billion, five
> hundred fifty five thousand million, six hundred sixty six million,
> seven hundred seventy seven thousand, eight hundred eighty eight.

Well, A non-USian would add suitable "ands" in various places.

"...two hundred *and* tewnty two million billion...".

Yeah, this one seems to be missing from the various UK-USA translation
lists around.

NOT A CHANCE! I know for a *fact* the kittens aren't frightened
by temporal anomalies. Clock watching simply ain't their bag.
   John Schmidt@ARK