Re: sarge?

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 11:49:28AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> Aside from that, I'm afraid you would have been necessarily ignored
> until now. Without a working installer, there is absolutely no point in
> releasing. This has thoroughly hamstrung any attempts at a time-based
> release cycle until now.

There was a working installer in Woody (clunky, but working.)  Given a known
release schedule, it wouldn't have been repaced in Sarge until a new,
working installer was actually ready.

Note that I said "frozen" every six months.  Obviously if the frozen version
was still unreleasable work would continue until it was ready -- just no
changes not related to stability or security.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading