Re: sarge?

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 08:36:31AM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:

> Grap X 4.3 from
> deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/xfree86/ woody main
> from the same guy who maintains backports.org.

This is exactly what I posted about before:  the "make the user do the work
and defeat the purpose of a unified distribution" non-solution.

And again: I do this stuff.  The web/mail server I administer has stuff from
backports on it.  It's a philosophically a bad idea, practically makes
things harder, and semantically changes the meaning of the word "stable".
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum