Re: Configuring /etc/apt/preferences

On 25.4.2004 20:10 Vincent Lefevre wrote:

On 2004-04-25 19:47:49 +0200, Andrei Badea wrote:

I run this on my home computer, where I've switched to unstable immediately after installing Woody. So I guess there aren't security updates for me anyway since unstable is not supported by the security team (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is incorrect, as some packages that are not actively developed
may have the same version in stable and in unstable. In this case,
if there is a security update for such a package, you will get it
if you track stable with the same priority as unstable.

This I didn't realize. So I can a have a preferences file similar to yours:

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 900

I'm not sure if I should also track testing. Anyway, thank you for correcting me.

--
Andrei