Re: Configuring /etc/apt/preferences

On 2004-04-25 19:47:49 +0200, Andrei Badea wrote:
> I run this on my home computer, where I've switched to unstable
> immediately after installing Woody. So I guess there aren't security
> updates for me anyway since unstable is not supported by the security
> team (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is incorrect, as some packages that are not actively developed
may have the same version in stable and in unstable. In this case,
if there is a security update for such a package, you will get it
if you track stable with the same priority as unstable.

100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.