Configuring /etc/apt/preferences

Hello all,

my sources.list file contains

- 3 deb lines for my older 3 Debian CDs with Sid from which I usually install packages,
- a deb line for Sid on a ftp mirror (ftp.cz.debian.org)

Having a slow Internet connection, I want to set /etc/apt/preferences so that packages from the CDs have a greater priority that those on the network. So I put in preferences:

Package: *
Pin: origin ftp.cz.debian.org
Pin-Priority: 500

IMHO this should set a priority of 500 for all packages from the ftp mirror. However, when I do a "apt-cache policy", I get:

... lines for the cdroms, priority 990 ...
 990 ftp://ftp.cz.debian.org unstable/main Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=main
     origin ftp.cz.debian.org
 990 ftp://ftp.cz.debian.org unstable/contrib Packages
     release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian,c=contrib
     origin ftp.cz.debian.org
Pinned Packages:

So the priority of the network packages still is 990. Also, when I try to install a package, APT would always install the newest version from the network.

Could please anyone explain why? Thank you for any help.

Andrei