Re: I'm face Few problem , need suggestion

scripsit Paul Morgan:

> You know, people are always saying this (about the installer being
> difficut), but when I set up my first debian installation (potato), I
> didn't have any difficulty at all.

Other than Linux from Scratch, the only other distro I've installed is
Mandrake.  Here's the difference:

1) Mandrake autodetected things like Ethernet and video cards, so I
didn't have to know what hardware my box contained or what drivers to
use.  Debian required that I know, for example, that I needed the tulip
driver -- not obvious at all for a n00b.

2) If I knew what drivers I needed (and, of course, they existed!),
Debian _always_ worked -- flawlessly.  Mandrake, OTOH, sometimes just
crashed during installation, etc.

This only applies on i386; on powerpc, Debian was a bit trickier.  There
just isn't the same amount of information out there to get you through
figuring things out, and things are a bit more immature.  Mandrake PPC,
OTOH, simply didn't work at all in my experience.

If the hardware autodetection in Sarge works, Debian should be just as
easy to set up as Mandrake -- and I don't see it losing its advantage in
stability and reliability.

--
Pax vobiscum; pax cum omnibus.

Thanasis Kinias