Re: I'm face Few problem , need suggestion

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:42:21 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 at 17:14 GMT, H. S. penned:
>> Oh boy. I can understand that. I went through the same thing myself a
>> few weeks ago. But then I was not new to the world of Linux so it
>> didn't take me 4 days :)  But I agree, the installation routine of
>> Debian is hideous. Delusions of grandeur must be over and the routine
>> *must* be vastly improved and made easier if Debian want to live up to
>> people's expectations.
>>

> Must it, now?  And which people?
>
> I don't have a problem with the installer.  I'd rather have devs working
> on other stuff than on something that works (for me).
>
> Many people, including me, would not recommend debian for a linux
> novice, though there are debian-based distros that some might recommend.
> But I don't really see this as a problem.  There are different distros
> for different needs, and debian is designed for the needs of an
> experienced linux user.

You know, people are always saying this (about the installer being
difficut), but when I set up my first debian installation (potato), I
didn't have any difficulty at all.

Of course, setting up some stuff (like X) was harder than it is now, but
the installer was great.  I think it's just really a question of reading
the docs first, then thinking and planning.

--

"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
(The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972)