Re: only allow password change with SSH

(Please post in plain text, not HTML)

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 08:31:17PM +0100, Robert Cates wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    my ISP allows me to use SSH to logon (port 22), but only to change my
>    account password.
>
>    I am running a Debian Woody server with SSH 3.7.1 (using protocol 2
>    only) and would like to do the same.
>
>    Does anybody know how this is done?

Don't take my word for it, but:

For your users,
set SHELL=/usr/bin/passwd
maybe?

Now there _may_ be some clever way to make this dependent on the kind of
login (ie console access would have bash as shell, but ssh access would
get /usr/bin/passwd) but I don't know about that.

	Cheers!
--
                 We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves.