Re: Logitech MX310 mouse: Dead extra button?

Vineet Kumar wrote:
* Hugo Vanwoerkom (hvw59601@care2.com) [031120 10:19]:

* Tom wrote:

The ability to launch special applications when I press buttons doesn't "press my buttons" :-) Do they work as back/forward in Moz? That would be useful. (I wonder if anyone has gotten Microsoft's new side-to-side scrolling wheel working either...)

I bought an A4Tech WOP-35PU optical wheel mouse for $11. It has 2 wheels and 5 buttons: two "normal" ones, two on the side and one wheel is a button. I use it as a regular 1 wheel mouse but the 2nd wheel is intended for side to side.
I tried:
	Option      	"Buttons"       "9"

	Option      	"ZAxisMapping"  "6 7 8 9"

but that did not have the desired effect and I could not use the wheels at all. I'd also be interested in getting the 2nd wheel to effect the side to side bars of mozilla.

Does xev show anything for those wheel events?

Vineet:

I booted with it yesterday and xev then shows both wheels as "6 7", and the 5 buttons (left side, left button, middle button, right button, right side) as 2, 1, 2, 3, 3.

Hugo.

FWIW, Mozilla reponds to buttons 4 and 5 as vertical scrolling and 6 and
7 for horizontal scrolling.

good times,
Vineet