Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Johnson" <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
To: "Debian-User" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 18:02, BruceG wrote:

No, I'm a 12 hour drive away from her - so it is back into the Windows
world.
I just don't understand installing pirated software. Not when better
software is
available free or at a reasonable cost. SuSE boxed set only cost $40. OOo is
free,
and available on just about any platform. With project Fedora and Debian
people
have a choice of some great truely free systems. To me it's well worth the
time it
takes to learn something new. Let's say you buy a licensed version of
Windows
and a licensed version of MSOffice. To my way of thinking - if you can learn
the
basics of a new system in 20-30 hours, you're way ahead of the game.

At least she found the value of the laptop from the computer shop and
thanked
me for it. That's on the plus side.