Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

all I have to say is that I personally want linux to rule the desktop,
simply because I will stand to make alot of money when big companies
start picking it up.  a lot of us will, in fact.

i'm extremely confident that it will rule the desktop market, because of
the speed at which the desktops have improved, which i have been lucky
to observe during the past year i've been doing the linux thing.  i've
seen major improvements, unlike how windows upgrades their operating
systems these days.  i use winXP at work and haven't seen yet too much
of an improvement from win2000.  i agree with that guy from red hat.
give kde, gnome, etc a few more years to mature and it will be
night-night time for the M$ monopoly.

Not until Broderbund releases a Calendar Creator that works with
Linux.  Ditto for Reader Rabbit, Math Blaster, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Or not until wine begins running these and every windoze app that everyone uses flawlessly, which hopefully happens soon.

david