Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

    My experience with the wonderful world of Linux and end users - or
    normal people. My sister needed a laptop to help her start a new
    business writing grant proposals. I figured I'd help by buying her
    a laptop (used, but still good, a Dell Latitude PIII, 256Meg RAM,
    12 Gig hard disk, CD-RW, external floppy, Xircom 10/100+56 card.
    I tested Mandrake 9.1, SuSE 8.2 Personal and Knoppix installed to
    harddisk. Decided to ship it with SuSE with all updates done, and
    with OOo 1.1.0 and Scribus 1.0.1. Paid for Internet access, and
    configured dial on demand. Also configured KMail,Evolution,
    Mozilla Mail and KNode.
She called today. Had a problem with it (trouble-shooting was turn
    it upside down and shake it). Brought it to computer repair shop.
    He installed non-licensed Windows and MS Office. I'm discouraged.
    It truely was 'point 'n click'. Everything was installed, tested
    and working. Literally plug it in, turn it on, connect the
    included phone cord and your online. Just click the Seagull and
    you have a choice of OOo1.0.2 or OOo1.1.0.
Think I want my SuSE 8.2 Personal boxed set, SuSE Live Eval CD,
    and boot floppy back! But on the good side, my 7 year old son and
    14 year old son are perfectly comfortable with SuSE, Mandrake and
RedHat. Maybe Debian in a while.
Thats too bad about your sister. I can't get my wife to use Linux either. Linux desktop domination needs a few years yet. I'm thinking it will happen pretty soon and I can't wait. I try to tell everyone about Linux when I get the chance. I'm like a missionary for Linux. I love this crap.

david