Re: POP3 mail fetcher that supports unreliable connections?

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 10:08, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
[...]
> There is another important objective: "doing the right thing". It is
> simply not acceptable to lose mail. Even if it isn't fetchmail's fault,
> fetchmail should be fault-tolerant (deal with a misconfigured mail
> system). Fetchmail should scream loudly: your mail system is fubar,
> bailing out now! I don't know if this is possible, but I think that
> that would help a lot of people.

It is not.

Here is an analogy for you to complete (fill in the blanks). If you set
a shredder under your mail slot, and your mail gets shredded, it is your
mail carriers fault because ____________________. And they should know
what's on the other side of that slot because ____________________. ;-)
--
Mark Roach