Re: POP3 mail fetcher that supports unreliable connections?

On 2003-11-03 05:38:44 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Have you tried fetchmail?

It is easy to lose mail with fetchmail (and I did lose mail in the past
with it).

> The messages in /var/log/mail.log seem to indicate that it deletes
> each mail after a successful fetch.

How does it do that? I've been told that it was not possible with POP3
(unless by closing the connection after each mail, but that would be
very inefficient and not acceptable).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International