Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:17:52AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> My .muttrc highlights my own posts (bright cyan) in index view, and
> notes posts in response to or mentioning my name (easier for me than
> some folk) (cyan).  So my posts and any replies/references stand out.

Drifting off the off-topic thread... ;)

So, how do you have that setup?  I suppose the same way I do.  Let's
see:

color header      white        default "^from: *
color header      white        default "^subject: *
color index       yellow  black "~x hank\.org"   # References
color index       green black "~i hank\.org"     # Message ID
color index       blue  black "~h In-Reply-To:.*hank\.org

I use imap, and I had those setup on my laptop (which is normally on my
LAN).  I was away on a trip and forgot I had those set and, man, it was
slow reading my mail.  I find that things like D. (Delete messages
matching) are really slow in mutt due to those header checks.

I assume that's because the entire message is fetched from the imap
server.  I don't suppose it's possible with imap to fetch just the
message headers and save some of that bandwidth.

It's interesting how much spam I get that's color coded.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org