Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

on Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:18:58AM -0500, Bijan Soleymani (bijan@psq.com) wrote:

> I like getting CCs. I receive hundreds of mailing list mail a day and
> might not be able to check up on all of them every day, but I make
> sure to check my main inbox, that way I can see if anybody replied to
> anything I said.

Sounds like a personal problem ;-)

My .muttrc highlights my own posts (bright cyan) in index view, and
notes posts in response to or mentioning my name (easier for me than
some folk) (cyan).  So my posts and any replies/references stand out.

> Another reason is that this list sometimes gets overwhelmed and posts
> don't appear for over an hour, but CC's arrive almost instantaneously.

Hrm.  Talk to your local listaholics anonymous yet?

You can accomplish this by setting the "Reply-To" header of your own
posts.  Though some lists will strip and/or rewrite this (considered
harmful, GIYF).

Peace.

   Support the EFF, they support you:  http://www.eff.org/