Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:51:09AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> >I like getting CCs. I receive hundreds of mailing list mail a day and
> >might not be able to check up on all of them every day, but I make sure
> >to check my main inbox, that way I can see if anybody replied to
> >anything I said.
>
>     But how does this translate into being good to send CCs?  As we all
>     know any one individual's preferences does not translate over to any other
> individual's preferences.  What are the reasons it is good to send a CC,
> not the reasons one prefers to get one?

I don't know if this is something that can be settled that way. Some
people hate CCs and duplicated messages. Some poeple like them. I think
we have to choose the one that causes the least harm. This is probably
the reason we have the current policy of no CCs unless explicitly
requested.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>