Re: Searching for an editor...

Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net> writes:

> OK, you can change it in Emacs too, but not so easily or elegantly. Font
> handling is something Xemacs is actually good at. I type in Chinese
> sometimes, and the Chinese fonts look terrible in Emacs, but are quite
> acceptable in Xemacs.

Ok.  I've never written Chinese, and while I get some chinese spam, I
wouldn't really know whether it looks good or not. 8^)

> Now I have a question. Does anyone know why in text mode, M-<
> (beginning-of-buffer) and M-> (end-of-buffer) don't work? They work fine
> in text mode in some other distros, but not in Debian or Slackware. In
> X, they always work in every distro (Debian and Slackware included).

Hmmm... it works for me.  Does it not work in console mode, or also
not in xterms?

I suspect that it may be related to the console keymap somehow.  I
don't remember changing anything on mine, but I may have.  Are you
running stable or unstable?  What console keymap are you using?

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
1 hour, 45 minutes, 59 seconds till closing!